September 01, 2021
It is so wonderful to finally have the opportunity to let our "Kawartha hospitality" shine again! We still have some space available on some of our cruises...so give us a call and take the opportunity to get out and enjoy the natural beauty of our nation's historic waterways before "old man winter" returns and we are all "stuck inside" again!
The Kawartha Voyageur is currently cruising the TRENT SEVERN WATERWAY from Big Chute to Peterborough. On Monday, September 06, passengers will be boarding the KV for our QUINTE cruise from Peterborough to Kingston including the Thousand Islands. On September 11, passengers will be boarding in Kingston for our RIDEAU CANAL cruise from Kingston to Ottawa.
Ontario Waterway Cruises Inc. remains committed to the health, safety, comfort and enjoyment of our passengers and crew aboard the Kawartha Voyageur. Our family is committed to developing and improving our policies and procedures regarding COVID-19. We will continue to refine and update them as appropriate. At this time, given the increased distribution and availability of the COVID-19 vaccine, please be advised of the following update:
Ontario Waterway Cruises Inc. requires all passengers and crew to submit proof of having received their "second shot" of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to the day of boarding. A copy of your vaccine receipt may be submitted to our office by email.
To be clear, our COVID-19 protocols are now as follows:
- All Passengers and Crew, must provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination to our office prior to your day of departure.
- All Passengers and Crew, must be willing to answer a COVID Screening Questionnaire prior to boarding at the discretion of Ontario Waterway Cruises Inc. or any governing health authority.
- All Passengers and Crew, including those who are "fully" vaccinated must be willing to take a COVID rapid test before boarding and/or during the cruise at the discretion of Ontario Waterway Cruises Inc. or any governing health authority.
- Appropriate Mask use as dictated by Ontario (https://www.ontario.ca/page/face-coverings-and-face-masks), will be mandatory on board our chartered bus and everywhere on board ship except:
* when seated in the dining room to eat
* when seated on the top or front deck at least six feet away from anyone other than your cabin mate.
* when in your cabin.
Appropriate “Face Mask” use as defined by the Province of Ontario includes both the nose and mouth covered. There will be times when social distancing on the top deck or front deck is not possible, at which point you must wear your mask even when seated.
With respect to your safety while eating, this picture from the dining area illustrates the plexiglass partitioning of the tables. Our dining and lounge area ventilation system has been upgraded with HEPA filtration, UVC lights in the return air ducts and an enhanced air exchange.
The US/CDN exchange rate continues to be very favourable for our friends from the United States. The current cost of our 2021 cruises including tax is $US 1,988. (subject to change according to the exchange rate when your final balance is paid).
You may view our revised 2021 cruise schedule by clicking Cruise Dates on the menu at the top of this page. For specific information and rates on our Rideau, Quinte or Kawartha cruises, please click CRUISES on the menu above then select one of the three cruise routes. All cruises in any given year are the same price.
2021 will be our 39th season cruising the historic waterways of Ontario. The Trent-Severn Waterway and the World Heritage Rideau Canal have been operating since 1833. The Trent-Severn Waterway was not fully open to thru navigation until 1920. Both waterways are part of Canada's National Parks and are open from mid-May to mid-October.
Thank you for your continued interest in our cruises here in Ontario. Whether it be your first or a return, we look forward to welcoming you aboard the Kawartha Voyageur for a refreshing and memorable voyage.
Request a Reservation